Exploring the Louvre - Paris

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Adrienne Nguyen_The Louvre Museum_1st arrondissement_Museums in paris_travel to paris alone

I walked to the Louvre from my hotel and I must say that every inch of Paris is magical. I wanted  to visit every single store though I did find myself in a bit of a pickle when I noticed many stores and restaurants were closed for the weekend... Perhaps it was only in the area I ventured through. Once I finished snapping pictures and recording videos at Colonnes de Buren or Les Deux Plateaux (the infamous location in Paris with black and white columns), I made my way to the Louvre Museum which is just a few steps away. As noon arrived, nearby restaurants had extensive lines that seemed to curve into the street. For those who are venturing to Paris from the US, I would highly recommend downloading TripAdvisor (I will dedicate a post and video on my channel on things you need to know before going to Paris). I found the a highly rated boulangerie and got myself a sandwich, mille-feuille and Coke. I knew I wanted to soak in as much of Paris as I could so I made my way back to the Louvre and sat down at one of the benches running alongside the museum. To see my adventure, watch my vlog below!


Adrienne Nguyen_The Louvre Museum_Explore Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit_First Arrondissement
Adrienne Nguyen_First Arrondissement_Boulangerie and Bakery in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit_First Arrondissement_Mille Feuille

Much like the States, Paris has their own form of combination meals called formulas. All of the boulangeries I ordered from had formula options but I always went for the standard: sandwich, dessert and drink. They were very cheap at approximately 9-12 euros per meal. The portions are very substantial and above is the cute packaging for my mille-feuille. I did find that I had to ask for une fourchette (aka a fork). Most Parisians pick up their pastries/desserts by hand which I did for this particular dessert to see what it felt like. I do prefer a mess free fork and plate option but if you're on the go, this works just as well!

Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit_First Arrondisement_Gothic Architecture_Building Design
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit_First Arrondisement_Michael Kors Sneakers_Marc Jacobs Crossbody_Leather Shorts_Black Outfit
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre Museum Paris_Louvre Pyramids_Solo Traveller_Female Travel_Travel Safe in Paris_All Black Outfit_Leather Outfit_First Arrondisement_Gothic Architecture_Building Design

Tip to avoid crowds at the Louvre: take pictures behind the pyramids near the actual museum. The volume of people is much less than those in front.

Adrienne Nguyen_French Gardens in Paris_Louvre Garden_Palace Gardens_Jardin

I would highly suggest venturing around the areas adjacent to the Louvre. If you have time to spare, visit the Jardin du Palais-Royal. It's a short distance from the museum with plenty of chairs and benches filled with engraved quotes. 

Emily in Paris Office in Paris_Louvre Museum_Adrienne Nguyen_Emily in Paris Location_Galerie Patrick Fourtin

Another nearby location? Galerie Patrick Fourtin a.k.a. Savoir // Agence Grateau a.k.a. Emily's office location in Emily in Paris.

Emily in Paris Office in Paris_Louvre Museum_Adrienne Nguyen_Emily in Paris Location_Galerie Patrick Fourtin

If you've watched the show, you may recall Emily, Sylvie, Luc and Julien eating lunch at the restaurant directly facing the office. Unfortunately, they were closed when I was there.

Adrienne Nguyen_Domaine National du Palais-Royal_Photo Spots in Paris_Black and White Columns in Paris

Just a few steps from the garden and Emily in Paris office location is the Domaine National du Palais-Royal. This is a cultural landmark that has gained recognition on Instagram for those iconic black and white striped columns. It was pretty crowded but if you're patient and secure a spot in the corner, you'll be able to snap pictures without people in the background!

Adrienne Nguyen_Domaine National du Palais-Royal_Photo Spots in Paris_Black and White Columns in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Domaine National du Palais-Royal_Photo Spots in Paris_Black and White Columns in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Domaine National du Palais-Royal_Photo Spots in Paris_Black and White Columns in Paris

How great are these seats for conversations?

Adrienne Nguyen_Pierre Herme Macarons_Macaroons_Pastries in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Pierre Herme Macarons_Macaroons_Strawberry Macarons_French Bakery and Pastry Shop

No trip to Paris is complete without buying macarons! Since there's a Ladurée in California, I opted for Pierre Hermé! Of course, that led to an impromptu photoshoot in the middle of the street because honestly, why not? After all, I'm in Paris! Of course, I had to run back and forth since motorcycles and vespas were zipping through.

Adrienne Nguyen_Pierre Herme Macarons_Macaroons_Pastries in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Pierre Herme Macarons_Macaroons_Pastries in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Pierre Herme Macarons_Macaroons_Pastries in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris

My day would not be complete without visiting a mall! The Samaritaine is located nearby the Louvre. It is a large Parisian department store that houses numerous luxury brands in the 1st arrondissement. 

Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris

I could admire these beautiful malls all day!

Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris_Shopping Staircases
Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_La Samaritaine Mall in Paris_Luxury Shopping in Paris_Christian Louboutain

After the museum and mall, I wanted to visit one last location for the day: Pont Alexandre III. This bridge spans the Seine and connects the Champs-Élysées to the Invalides and Eiffel Tower. This bridge has been featured in so many movies, tv shows, commercials and runway shows!

Adrienne Nguyen_Apartment Buildings in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Pont Alexandre 3 Bridge_Famous Bridge in Paris_Seine River
Adrienne Nguyen_Pont Alexandre 3 Bridge_Famous Bridge in Paris_Seine River
Adrienne Nguyen_Pont Alexandre 3 Bridge_Famous Bridge in Paris_Seine River
Adrienne Nguyen_Pont Alexandre 3 Bridge_Famous Bridge in Paris_Seine River
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre_First Arrondissement_Eiffel Tower_Tour Eifel

I walked from Samaritaine to Pont Alexandre III and had this incredible view. I enjoyed my walk there despite the distance and heavy rain.

Adrienne Nguyen_Eiffel Tower_PAris in the Rain_Summer in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Louvre_First Arrondissement_Eiffel Tower_Tour Eifel_Paris in the Rain
Adrienne Nguyen_French Architecture
Adrienne Nguyen_EXplore Paris Solo_Sacre Coeur in Paris

As I walked back to my hotel, I spotted the Sacré Cœur.

Adrienne Nguyen_Mosaics in Paris_Invader

You can find mosaics of these pixelated guys all over Paris. There's actually an app where you can hunt them down! This was on my way to the Louvre.

Adrienne Nguyen_Petit Palais_Museums in Paris

Looking for a grandiose museum in the 8th arrondissement? Check out Petit Palais. Entrance is free! Although I love museums and could have spent all day in there, I wanted to explore as much of Paris as I could. I do plan on returning to Paris in the future so this will be on my list!

Adrienne Nguyen_Parks in Paris_Chairs
Adrienne Nguyen_Parks in Paris

If you walk around Paris, I highly suggest that you do, you'll come across some of the most exquisite parks and gardens. They're perfectly manicured even with the tremendous amount of visitors they receive each day.

Adrienne Nguyen_French Desserts and Pastries_Macaroons_Macarons_Boulangerie

Who could say no to more desserts? Pas moi.

Adrienne Nguyen_Korean food in Paris_Bibimbap

I wanted to eat out however, most cafes and restaurants were closed. I ventured to this cute mom and pop Korean restaurant. I asked if I could dine in however, they were booked out for a private event. They were very accommodating and allowed me to order take-away before the event took place!

Adrienne Nguyen_Hotel Beige_HOtel in Paris_Live in Paris_Parisian Apartment

Here's a look from my bed at night. I absolutely loved my room at Hôtel Beige! I was able to live out my Parisian dreams in this very French aesthetic room. From the authentic noises, Eiffel Tower view and balcony, it was perfect for just me!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Follow along for more!

XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments